Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Shelby's new supercar

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
Hey, there must be some metal in there somewhere! But it's mostly a
pile of carbon fiber.

This is what the people at Shelby SuperCars have done with Shel's
Cobra legacy. They're building another car with a reptile's name
(Tuatara, an ugly beast -- the lizard, not the car, which is very
cool).

Think of it as the anti-EA, anti-whoyakidding, screw-you-everybody
vehicle.

Well, "anti-" in diff. senses, of course....
Anti-EA is, as you allude, bigdick hp....
Anti-Kidding is, well, anything that makes engineering sense, like, well,
superfluous multi-planetary gears in a $1+++ BIL """green""" science
project....

Ahhh, but hypocrisy is a glorious thing.
The FIRST thing I do in any car review is check out the hp..... LOL!!!!!!

Hennesey motors can take any 300-400 hp car, and give it back to you with
1,000-2,000 hp.
Preferably 'vettes.

The mileage probably sucks. It only weighs 2750 pounds, but
it has (be still, my heart) 1.350 hp and produces 1,280 lb-ft. of
torque. They're actually fudging the horsepower, just like the Big
Three did with their 7-liter engines back in the '60s, to avoid
Congress's attention. The Tuatara engine actually can produce 1,700
hp.

0-60 in 2.5 seconds, theoretical top speed is 276 mph. No word yet of
a plug-in hybrid version...

http://tinyurl.com/b4ohmju

This car is either a sign of the Apocalypse or evidence that we're
crawling out of our penurous, poor-economy state of mind. And somebody
must figure that we're going to find more oil somewhere.

Somebody had to kick Veyron's ass.
--
EA

--