Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] repairs@workshop.com is offline

Default Home made laser level

On Tue, 14 May 2013 06:03:40 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

On Mon, 13 May 2013 22:06:05 -0500, wrote in
Re Home made laser level:

Has anyone ever taped a laser pointer to a level?
Seems it should work as long as the pointer has smooth sides.

Just curious after another post on here about them.

There is no guarantee (or even a claim) that the beam of a laser
pointer is parallel to the smooth sides of the pointer.

There is no guarantee that the cheap laser levels sold at places like
Home Depot or Harbor Fright are accurate either. I bought one of them,
it was not accurate and I proved it. It had no adjustment. The next
time I tried to use it, it would no longer light up, even with new
batteries. I used it as a regular level for a short time, until I found
out the level itself was not accurate either. Into the trash it went.