Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 05/14/2013 08:26 PM, jim beam wrote:
On 05/14/2013 07:39 AM, Danny D wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 06:45:18 -0400, George wrote:

"EZ-POUR REPLACEMENT SPOUT KIT IS DESIGNED AND SOLD AS REPLACEMENT PARTS
SPECIFICALLY FOR PORTABLE FUEL CONTAINERS MANUFACTURED BEFORE JANUARY
2009"

This could be due to one of two possible reasons:
1. It could be legalese (as previously stated), or,
2. It might actually be the wrong threads.

I'll try calling Blitz again to see if they changed their threads:
Blitz U.S.A., Inc., 404 26th Ave. NW, Miami, OK 74354

Unfortunately, the Blitz USA hotline is out of commission:
24-hour Consumer Service Hotline at 877-922-5489
So is the Blitz local telephone number:
918-540-1515

I'm going to have to order a few caps just to see if they fit.
I may also buy the water jug caps, to see if they fit.

If anyone has *already* tested the cap, it would be nice to
see if they fit.

Maybe someone can test them side-by-side in the store?
(I'll check out my local stores to see if they have both
the water jugs and the gasoline jugs to test.)

ebay for "nato jerry can" and you'll have your solution.

For once, the Beam is 100% correct.

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel