Steve Knight

Default White and Blue: Japanese Steel

That's for solid irons, though, right? If your irons are like mine, 1/4"
thick x 2" x 4", you get about 175 irons per hundred pounds of steel.
That sound about right?

I make them 5" or so long 6 irons per 36" bar. about 120 or so.

It's all good, right? (G) Hitachi quoted me $9.06 / lb for the No1A white
paper steel, in 500 lb quantities, cold-rolled. The Aogami No2 was
$10.46. I pay about half that for precision ground O1.

a bit spendy then. but nice to think about (G) I don't think the steel would be
as good in solid form over a laminated blade.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes