Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default diybanter.com forum hacked!?

On 15/05/2013 20:50, Adam Funk wrote:
On 2013-05-15, John Rumm wrote:

On 15/05/2013 16:39, Eric wrote:
John Rumm wrote ...

On 15/05/2013 09:02, Brian Gaff wrote:

I have ad blocking software in all my browsers, preserves sanity.

Kind of, however that does not stop these pesky add ons from still
requesting all sorts of ad data - even if the blocker prevents it from
being downloaded or displayed you are still suffering a performance hit
and potentially a data leak as a result of having one there. The main
difference is you don't get to experience the symptoms.

Use a Host file. Malware/ad sites are blocked. No hit on bandwidth.

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

No hit on bandwidth with adblock et al, but you still have the same
privacy issues, and the browser is still titting about running an add on
that you can do without.

Ghostery?

or Malwarebytes AntiMalware and a number of others...

--
Cheers,

John.