Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT Birds crashing into windows!

On Wed, 15 May 2013 11:44:57 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On May 15, 2:20*pm, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 11:04:31 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

wrote:
Nature Centers often use a silhouette of a flying bird to prevent the
birds from flying into the windows. Just like we humans and our cars,
birds don't like to occupy the same space as another bird. They will
do their best to avoid the silhouette and thereby avoid the window.

...until it is baby making time

I could be wrong, but I don't think that birds simply mate with
whatever bird they happen to fly by. I think there's a little more to
it than that..like maybe some type of agreement between the two
parties.

First the female bird builds a nest, then she lays an egg. Then it's
the male's problem trying to figure out how to fertilize the egg.