Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh Geoff Welsh is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

Danny D wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 11:44:52 -1000, Geoff Welsh wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaP-nT3Zog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3o5tHLWZKc

I am going to see if YouTube can teach me
to tie my shoes again.....damn velcro....

Everything in those videos was intuitive to me except
what to use for a vent. I thought it was ingenious that
they drilled a half-inch hole (paddle wood bit would be
better than the spiral flute bit they used though) and
inserted an automotive tire valve sans the stem.

The valve stem with the Schrader valve removed is an excellent
modification...if they came like that they'd probably cost ten dollars more.

GW