Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_] Brent[_4_] is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 2013-05-15, Danny D. wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 18:07:43 -0400, krw wrote:

When they make it illegal to own gas caps and toilets,
only criminals will have gas caps and toilets.

I have a secret plan to own what may be illegal!

I was told by the Plastics Group of Willowbrook, Illinois today, that
*nobody* bought the gasoline can molds from the now defunct Blitz USA of
Miami Oklahoma; but, at the same time, we are aware that Hopkins
Manufacturing Corp. of Emporia, Kansas paid $14.6 million for everything
*but* the gas can molds.

That means, if we're lucky, that the Hopkins Manufacturing *water* jugs
might use the *same cap* as the Blitz USA gasoline cans!

To find out if that's true, I ordered a set of water jug caps from
Hopkins Manufacturing today.

Cross your fingers and maybe they'll fit!

Highly unlikely.
They would not adapt their own products to what they purchased.