RichardS

Default coloured silicone sealant

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:13:53 +0000, John Laird

wrote:
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:06:43 -0000, "Pete Cross" 1@2 wrote:

snip

Do let us know if and when you finally locate some - I need a tube to

tidy
up the gaps in some vinyl floor tiles I have laid recently. Light grey
would be ideal, something darker ok after a fashion, but B&Q Depot only
stock ivory and black as far as I can see. They *do* have some

exorbitantly
expensive coloured little tiny pots of something in amongst the kitchen
worktop filler strips, etc. I have some black "soot" (it's a grout
colouring) which I have used for grout and pva glue, but I think it's

going
to be a right messy job trying to darken up some white sealant.

--
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

Mail john rather than nospam...

I found some black at my local plastice supply company, they had a whole

range of colours. It was not a brand that you see in the sheds. Its ther
only place I
know where to get black from.

Rick

Wasn't Trend, was it?

I've just had to splash out rather more than I wanted (£5) on a smallish
tube of black Trend worktop sealant for filling a gap between the new
floorboards and mortar (dyed black) under the slate hearth.

Didn't take much interest in the other colours that they had in, but Mary at
D&M would be able to tell you 'cos that's where I got it from
(www.dm-tools.co.uk).

cheers
Richard

--