Posted to alt.home.repair
David Moore David Moore is offline

Default Need advice from flooring experts please

Hi All,

I'm working on a low-end, mobile home rental property. The water heater
sprang a leak sometime in the past and destroyed 100+ sq ft of particle
board flooring.

Ripping up the ancient carpeting reveals that the pad and carpet were the
originals and were installed on bare particle board. No previous
flooring was noted.

My natural tendency is to put down linoleum. This this would have the
added benefit of waterproofing the particleboard decking and be easier to
clean. Unfortunately, in the last decade, we are getting significant
numbers of rentals with torn and ripped linoleum. Another part of me
wants to glue down some indoor/outdoor carpet. So .... given that this
unit has poor, sometimes destructive tenants ..... what's the best long
wearing, indestructible flooring I can put down?