Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to befixed

On Tue, 14 May 2013 20:46:29 -0700, jim beam wrote:

bottom line, these things need to be re-thought.
preferably by someone with a car.

When I told Angus at CARB (916-445-4686) earlier today
that the air resource board specifications were only
for keeping the gas *in* the can, nobody allowed for the
gas to come *out*, he just laughed good naturedly. He's
heard it all. There was nothing I was going to tell him
about the spout or the spills or the slowness of the gas
coming out that he hadn't heard before.

He *was* unaware of the flaw where a concentric ring cracks
on the Blitz spouts (it happened to three of my cans); but
he said CARB doesn't get warranty information from the
manufacturer.

So, I have to agree with you that they need to rethink
these cans.
a) They've gotten the gas to stay *in* rather well;
b) Now it's time for them to mandate the gas come *out*!