Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
jim beam jim beam is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to be fixed

On 05/14/2013 07:28 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Tue, 14 May 2013 17:48:30 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Really, really liked the hint of obtaining gas can vent caps via Ebay !

I wonder how 'much' gas (percentage wise) actually escapes as vapor
from a modified gas can with a vent?

That is, how much of a problem is the EPA trying to solve?

I'll call CARB tomorrow to see if I can nail down what we're
saving in gas venting versus the huge frustration and cost of
those useless spouts.

not to mention the increased spillage trying to get them to work...

BTW: Sorry for the duplicate posts (AIOE does that every once in a while).
(Using a different newsserver for this post).

--
fact check required