Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to befixed

On Tue, 14 May 2013 13:34:35 -0700, wrote:

Now that there are do-it-yourself manufaturing of plastic parts machines
readily available, maybe someone will come up with a design for a cap
with the needed thread dimensions and make it available on the internet.
If they can illegally make crappy-firing guns that way,
they should be able to make a gas can cap, legal or otherwise..

I don't disagree.

I have two sources of caps on the way, so I'll run my test.
If we all pitch in where we can, we'll solve the problem.

As far as I can tell (by calling CARB), the cap is perfectly legal
for filling, transportation, and for storage; so it's not a question
of legality.

It's simply a question of fit.