Posted to alt.mechanical.engineering,alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default The Blitz gasoline can - what went wrong - what needs to befixed

On Tue, 14 May 2013 10:38:47 -0700, Harry K wrote:

From the few I have tried, the compliant cans take a different
size cap. They changed the size.

That's exactly been my experience but I had never researched
the caps thoroughly before. I just used the spouts as caps.

But it would really be nice to find the 'right' sized cap.

After speaking to CARB today (Angus 916-445-4686), it looks like
the big four gas can manufacturers in the USA a
Midwest Can Co. of Melrose Park, Ill.
No-Spill Inc. of Lenexa, Kan.
Scepter Corp. of Scarborough, Ontario
Plastics Group Inc. of Willowbrook, Ill.

Since the Plastics Group apparently bought the Blitz manufacturing
operation for gasoline cans, I'll start with them.
http://www.theplasticsgroup.net/fuel_containers_us.php

Looks like this is their contact information:
http://www.theplasticsgroup.net/contact-us.php
630-325-1210 x295, mdeckard at the plastics group dot net