Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default "T" into drain line

On Tue, 14 May 2013 11:17:20 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 5/14/2013 10:43 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I need to install a diswasher drain line into an existing 1 1/2" white
plastic drain line. The line is all glued in place with no give. There
is a place where a foot or so can be cut out but no way to move side
to side.

Surely some part is made to solve this issue. What do I need?

Karl

If you can't find one, cut a hole in the line with a hole saw. Cut a
"T" in half lengthwise and remove any protrusions and glue and hose
clamp in place.

I'll look for a saddle fitting, probably do this for temporory if i
can't get it right away. Milady is getting a new kitchen remodel and a
new dishwasher is part of the deal. I'm upgrading the water and drain
lines so it can be winterized in a few minutes. Twelve years of
crawling under the old one to disconnect is enough.

This is a last appliance to upgrade. Now, I'll be able to get the
house ready for winter within 20 minutes after I get the word, "let's
go fishin' "

Karl