Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default "re-coning" dynamic microphones?

I don't often deal with microphones of any sort, so not come across this
before. Putting the plastic cased radio mic back together I could not work
out how to screw in the double threaded fitting that the mesh globe screws
onto, into the transmitter body .
4 turns to fit and putting a reverse 4 turns in the wire it still ended up
pulling out the connector to the mic part. This area of the body is split
seemingly to take the escutcheon for the switch , but actually that slot in
the body must be for putting in a wedge, I used an ISO TO220 transitor. Open
up the gap and simply axially push the aluminium threaded intermediary part
, remove the wedge, and tighten just half a turn.