Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default APC, Belkin, ... large surge protectors: made in China

On 05/14/2013 06:12 AM, David Combs wrote:
I've got some of these 8 or 10 socket surge protectors.

(The Belkin ones are in a metal case)

I might need to get more. So, looking at Amazon
at some of them, I, as usual, look at the
reader reviews, with ratings of 1(horrible) to 5(good,
excellent).

The poor ratings told stories of having to open them up
and bend peices to where they should, fix connections, etc.

Half the reason in getting a surge suppressor is for the system warranty
the manufacturer provides should your system become damaged by a
transient event. That warranty is going to be null and void if you
tamper with the housing of the suppressor.

Jon