Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default sinking back boxes into walls - gone too deep

On May 13, 7:25*pm, imanc wrote:
I'm trying to fit 4 25mm back boxes into walls. I've pepper potted the
area with the drill then used a cold chisel to clear out the plaster and
brick. However, the result is not smooth. There's a lumpy mess and some
cracked brick that is stil somewhat firm, and the back box doesn't seat
right. *With one recess the back box is about 5mm too deep.

I'm wondering if I can build up the chase with some polyfilla or
something to make it straight and the right depth before fitting the
back box?

I know that an SDS drill with correct chiselling attachment would do a
much neater job, but I don't have one to hand.

I've got 3 more holes to chisel out so any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,
imanc

--
imancAds not by this site

Tap all the knockouts in the box in very slightly and set the box in
the hole with cement. Leave the knockout(s) you want to use
clear of cement. Make sure the threaded holes for your
switch/socket are clear of cement.