Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramp's shop[_2_] Gramp's shop[_2_] is offline

Default Everybody in the shop??? :)

Second full week of retirement for me, so I'm just getting the hang of it. However ... finally fixed the loose toilet seat, got the first coat of finish on my son't buffet (can't wait to get this project out of my shop), browsed CL for reclaimed hardwood, put my INCRA jig up on Sawmill Creek and CL (like to get $30 if anyone is interested), doodled some designs for daughter's jewelry armoire and took a decent nap every afternoon.

What do some retirees do?

The past 2-3 weeks:

Made 2 prie dieu for my upholstery teacher, to donate to a cause;

While spraying the prie dieu, I sprayed 2 cedar slab sidetable tops (for a

friend); Finished spraying the remaining sections of the entertainment

center... Got the base, with its sections, moved into the house, which,

finally, freed up some space in the shop!!;

Making a few small projects to donate to the local master gardeners - decor

water buckets & decor small wheel barrows;

Denaiing, cleaning and planing salvaged pine flooring, ~~ 400 l/f done;

Stripped, cleaned, repaired, repainting (today) 2 sets of old sashes for the

(continuing) shop remodel;

Also, for the shop, salvalaged about 5oo sq ft of insulation, from commercial

construction up the road;

Upholstery - Chase lounge and a recliner in the works; Tore apart an oak

rolltop desk, to repair, for a friend.

Caught 9 baby possums (on the back patio) eating the cat food. Something,

other than the cat, is still eating the food.

Sonny