Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Light bulb for shed

On Mon, 13 May 2013 05:50:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 23:54:53 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:10:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 18:39:45 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

And just how long do you think that NON-UV protected plastic is going
to last?

Probably longer than the rest of the roof. Do you honestly think that
is a problem?

Well, plastic of that variety I have had sitting outside for a couple
months turns quite brittle. So yes, I would expect it to be a
problem.

The amount of UV is minimal and is indirect. I'd expect at least a
few years. But, even if I'm wrong, do you have a better alternative?

The original application was for what laughingly passes for roofs in
African hovels. I doubt the failure of the milk jug plastic would be
an issue for them. I don't have anyplace where I would purposely cut
a hole in a sound roof in order to shove a milk jug filled with water
into it. If you do, go for it. Usually when I want light in my sheds
I just open the doors.