Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Does it matter at all whether PVC unions are on one way or theother?

On Mon, 13 May 2013 10:04:30 -0700, Oren wrote:

I concede. I followed the thread about the "tool" to cut the SCH 200
pipe out. Then I mentioned the inserts and fittings for over the
elbows.

If it's any consolation, I followed your huckleberry trail almost
exactly - only turning away when the path petered out completely.

In fact, I *did* originally cut the so-called "pipe" very much
closer to the pump, *exactly* as you had advised:

The deviation from your suggested path was determined because
a big boulder blocked the path to huckleberry nirvana, which
in this case, was because there was no 2-inch pipe to be had:

This lack of 2-inch pipe necessitated switching to plan B: