Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

On 5/11/2013 2:54 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:47:14 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 5/11/2013 8:33 AM, HeyBub wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:

But in our area, water comes from rivers. Big, dirty rivers. The
more water I "waste" the more I dilute the sewage stream and the
easier it is to process that stuff before it goes back into the same
river. Wasted energy... maybe. Wasted water, no way.

You can MAKE water by burning hydrogen.

Every other drop of water is USED water, meaning it has already passed thru
something that made use of it for biological purposes.

Just think, every time you take a sip of designer water, you may be imbibing
a molecule that once passed through the body of Julius Caesar.

Lot of us know about Avogadro's number.

I did speak to a Canadian official once at lunch that told me he would
not to like to have a single atom of chlorine in his glass of water.

Could you keep a straight face?

Not quite but I did not say anything either. When I hear something so
stupid, I don't try to teach them chemistry as obviously they have zero
back ground knowledge. It was at a big table at a three day conference
in Toronto on Canadian chemical regulations and the only day government
officials came in for lunch with us.

All in all, at the time, a long time ago, I found Canadian regulations
easier to work with than those in the US.