Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default Does it matter at all whether PVC unions are on one way or theother?

On Mon, 13 May 2013 08:02:08 -0700, Oren wrote:

the O-rings on the strainer and volute
should be lubed when you put them back together.

Strainer? Volute?

Googling ...
Volute: noun, A spiral scroll, Forming a spiral curve or curves

So I assume the strainer is the pool pump basket, which has an
o-ring at the top under the cover, which I do lube with the
pool lube.

And, the volute is most likely the clamp-on connection where
the impeller does its work; so, yes, I do lube that also with
pool lube.

Thanks for the recommendation (and vocabulary).