Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Pearson Geoff Pearson is offline

Default Skylight - Scotland

"Flynno" wrote in message
Hi

A. Does anyone know if a skylight such as the one linked below requires
planning permission in Scotland?

http://www.sterlingbuild.co.uk/produ...FUXJtAod4iYAoQ

B. This unit is actually a little wider than I would ideally like (it's
for
a small box room and will require cutting into old joists), but I've seen
nothing slimmer. Google hasn't thrown anything hopeful up ...

Does anyone know of a reasonable supplier/manufacturer who'll take on a
small one-off order for a narrower window?

TIA

It will need building control approval wherever it is in Scotland and might
in addition require planning approval in a conservation area or listed
building.