Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default The government ruined the gas can...

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

From what I remember Rush saying, WJC slashed military spending, and declared
social security to be off budget. I can have a surplus, too, if I don't pay
my car repair bill, and declare my rent to be off budget.

He cut military spending, that is what Dems do. That was the
alleged post-Cold War "Peace Dividend". Two major problems with the
assertion that he declared SS off-budget is that it happened in 1990, 2
years before he took office and Congress is the one with sole
jurisdiction to make those decisions as part of the budget process.
Anyone interested, there is a rather interesting history of the
on/off budget shenanigans at:
http://www.ssa.gov/history/BudgetTreatment.html
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe