Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default Larger capacity cells for automower

My robotic automower have 3000mAh NiMh battery packs.
If I replace the battery packs with larger capacity cells, shouldn't it
work without changing the circuitry?

I presume the batteries are charged with constant current until a upper
voltage level is reached, and the mower starts heading for the charger
when the low voltage level is reached.

The mower will take longer to charge, and correspondingly will run
longer, but as the "go out/find home" time should stay the same, the
daily mowing time will be longer. And the wear on the grass in front of
the charger will be less.

I think I can fit C-cells with 10000 mAh capacity.

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.