Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] repairs@workshop.com is offline

Default Olive oil to remove wood stain from your hands

On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:45:45 -0700, "Bob F" wrote:

Robin Ellzey wrote:
I heard this tip on American Restorations this past week. Basically
they said that if you get wood stain on your hands, put some olive oil
on them and it will help remove the stain. something in the olive oil
is a natural solvent of r wood stains. I just thought I would pass it
on.

I just use waterless hand cleaner (Goop) for stain and oil based paint.

That's what I use, it's a lot cheaper than olive oil. Better yet, wear
gloves and prevent the stain from getting on hands.

I'd have to try the olive oil to see if it works. I suppose it does,
but for a water based stain, plain dish detergent and water does a
pretty good job too. For oil based stain, paint thinner or even
gasoline (used with caution), should do the job, followed up with soap
and water. Olive oil is costly. I tend to wonder why not just use
plain cheap vegetable oil?