Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Toilets again

On May 12, 1:45*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I'm going to replace our toilets soon. *I want to get the new higher
ones for my wife's comfort. *Seems that both Kohler and American
Standard make highly rated ones and I think I have it narrowed down to
two.

AS Cadet 4 *1.6

Kohler Cimmeron 1.6

Both of these are in the $300 range, but I see other only $230 and
some up to $450. *Aside from a few obvious style differences, what do
you get for more money? *We are going to live with these for many
years so I don't want to get anything less than excellent in
performance.

More important, anything I should avoid?

Have you chgecked Consumer Reports, I know they have done toilets not
too long ago.. What always amazes me is that our local Menards has
more than 40 different toilets on display. I could see maybe 15 - 20,
to cover various styles, tank shapes, and seat heights, but beyond
that just blows my mind!!!