Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The government ruined the gas can...

On Sun, 12 May 2013 15:02:22 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

On 2013-05-11, wrote:

IMO, a lot of "it" is perspective and some lack of education.

I'd say it's a lack of lifelong experience.

I remember when refrigerators lasted 30 yrs. I remember toilets that
didn't spit doody water all over the seat/floor upon flushing. I
remember when top loading washers got clothes clean and didn't retain
30% of the dirty wash water to sit and ferment in the machine between
washes. I remember when Cuisinart food processors had a lifetime
warranty on the motor. No more. Don't tell me about newer being
better. It jes isn't so. Perhaps the return policies are better, and
well they should be, cuz the products are now short term junk.

How many hours work at minimum wage (or average or median wage, if you
prefer) did it take to buy one of those long-lasting refrigerators? And
how many hours to buy one of the newer (allegedly) short-lifespan ones?

Precisely!