Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The government ruined the gas can...

On 2013-05-12, wrote:

There are perfectly good "homeowner" grade tools around. If it
matters that much to you, Snap-On is still in business.

Since they have such a wide range of tools, there's no way they make
most of 'em. I hadda return a cheapo trigger-pump oil can that may
have been branded Snap-On, but it was made in China and broke on the
2nd stroke. Junk!

You were talking about hand tools. Of course they don't make
everything themselves (who does, or for that matter, ever did?) but
they do sell excellent tools if you're willing to spend the bucks.

Other than the grease, that's mostly a result of the switch to
lead-free gas. It wasn't without its costs, though.

I'm so sick if this stupid myth. I ran 10% alcohol regular in my cars
for 5 yrs before it was mandated.

I'm sick of idiots who don't know what they're talking about, but that
doesn't solve anything. "Lead free" gasohol.

Improved performance in every
vehicle. Stopped the pinging in my Dodge 318 V8 van and I sold my
Honda Civic with 250K miles on the engine and it still purred. My two
Harleys ran great with never a hiccup. The only thing I see that
doesn't seem to work is small motorized tools like gas trimmers and
chain saws. From what I've read in this group, that's more cuz
quility has gone down the crapper than from alcohol gasoline

I get 10% lower mileage with E10 in every car I've owned. Runs OK but
it might just as well be air.

Much larger, too.

A cathedral ceiling is not "larger". It's less floor space.

You really are an idiot.