Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On 12/05/2013 00:06, Lobster wrote:
I know zip about these other than I can see they are expensive - does
anybody here recommend them? Also, are they straightforward to fit (we
do have a dedicated radial oven cable already)

Best bit of kitchen kit we ever bought. far FAR faster than anything
else, and really controllable.

I'd say, of the cookers we've had:

Ceramic hob - easy to clean, unless you have a burnt-on spill. Godawful
slow.

Radiant ring - faster than ceramic. Never did work out how to clean it.

Halogen (only used my mum's) - better than the above, but not as fast as
gas. Spills burn on.

Gas - had one for years. PITA to clean, inefficient, you can use
anything at all to cook with. Even an old tin if you want.

Induction - faster than any of the above, efficient, quiet (Which?
reckon noisy - I think ours is quieter than the gas, just the occasional
buzz), and so easy to clean - just needs a wipe with a damp cloth, as no
part of it ever gets hot enough to burn anything on. But we did have to
buy new saucepans, and I'm now doing stirfries in a sauté pan as you can
get a flat wok.

Get one.

Andy