Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Masonite flooring, bad idea?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 13:41:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Office supply stores used to stock Tempered Masonite chair mats,
before the molded plastic ones were available. I saw a homemade one the
other day, for a large computer desk.

Oversized casters help there, too. If he goes with the masonite, the
larger wheels would do a bit less damage and make it last longer. If
he goes with carpet, they make it easier to roll on that, too. Since
all the new chairs are adjustable in height, taller wheels don't make
a difference to the user.

Unless the user has very short legs.

At one time I bolted a spare bucket seat from a '66 GTO to a wood
frame for a computer chair. I used it for years, until a spring came
lose and impaled my ass cheek.

I LIKE! That idea!!! Thanks!!

Gunner, making a note for the next trip to the wrecking yard!

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."