Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default Toilets again

In Ed Pawlowski writes:

I'm going to replace our toilets soon. I want to get the new higher
ones for my wife's comfort. Seems that both Kohler and American
Standard make highly rated ones and I think I have it narrowed down to
two.

Both of these are in the $300 range, but I see other only $230 and
some up to $450. Aside from a few obvious style differences, what do

======

We've been quite happy with Costco's captive housebrand, Waterridge.
They're got two models - one is a separate tank and bowl (which
you join together) for about $90, the other is a single piece
unit for about $140.

We have the former.

It's pretty rare that we get a jam needing plunging, and that's
(warning, TMI...) after a hefty dump with lots and lots of
toilet paper... flushing before using all the paper works..

- the nice thing about them is that... they're "dual flush"
with a choice of a 1 gallon (for liquids) and 1.6 gallon
(for solids..). So you can save more water that way.

- The only reason I'd have opted for one of the other
available units was to get one with a higher ("ADA speced")
seat. These are standard height.