Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On 12/05/2013 17:14, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/05/2013 11:36, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 12 May 2013 09:22:53 +0100, Edgar wrote:

I won't have gas - the added moisture created by burning gas annoys me.

eh, our gas heater burns 71 g gas per hour per kW or produces about 70 ml
of water an hour at 1 kW. 70 ml is a large double measure of sprits.

But that's for 1kW for an hour pan cooking rarely takes that long and
won't be running at a 1 kW either. I reckon the burnt gas will contribute
less than half of that 70 ml of water to the air, you'll have more from
the cooking itself.

Not with a good set of pans.
We have some old stainless pans without vents in the lids and they will
simmer without much steam escaping at all.
Its only cheap pans that need a vent and let loads of steam out.

Why does the price of a pan dictate the need for a vent?

I can certainly see that cheap and nasty pans might have poor-fitting
lids hence let water in the gaseous phase out in excess, but that is not
a need so much as poor quality.

--
Rod