Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Print your own gun?

"HeyBub" wrote in message

John Grossbohlin wrote:

Fortunately, my state (Texas) allows regular concealed handguns in
the capitol, the governor's office, just about anywhere.

How odd... a government that trusts it's people! Then again, the
"unpaid" police force that it creates further raises the opportunity
costs to criminals and thus supplements the paid police with no
increase in taxes. A win/win for society.

Heh! Imagine a MSM journalist with a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)!
That's exactly what happened in Texas - they must really be conflicted.

One wonders how the media types sleep at night...

I'm no fan of the bias exhibited by the press. However, like with painting
all gun owners with the same brush there is risk with painting all
journalists with the same brush... Personally I know a guy who spent his
career in the newspaper industry as a reporter, editor and managing editor.
He also taught journalism at a SUNY school which is where I first
encountered him. He was also the student advisor for the Legislative
Gazette, a publication held in high regard by all parties. While there he
mentored hundreds of journalism students. http://www.legislativegazette.com/
Later I encountered him at a gun show... turns out he was a gun dealer too!
The last time I saw him was in a State Senator's office in Albany, NY where
we were both there to discuss some pending legislation that was not
justified by anything but emotions and lots of irrationality. The recent
SAFE Act includes pretty much all of it... the story of which needs no
repeating here.

Maybe the MSM journalist is a closet gun owner? ;~)