Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default lawn mower

On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:00:32 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article , John
wrote:

On 5/11/2013 10:12 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

The carb bowl did not do any good after all. As per usual, it
started, I was able to mow for about 10 minutes, it sputtered for about
another minute and then shut down entirely. IT is a 139 cc PowerMore
engine on an MTD self-propelled mower. Only about 2.5 years old.

Air filter dirty?

Nah. One of the first things I looked at.

The MTD site gives 6 things to check for: Engine runs erratic

1 Spark plug wire loose -- Connect and tighten spark plug wire

2 Blocked fuel line or stale fuel -- Clean fuel line and fill tank
with fresh gas

3 Vent in gas cap is plugged -- Clear Vent

4 Water or dirt in fuel system -- Drain fuel tank and refill with
fresh fuel

5 Carburetor is out of adjustment -- Adjust carburetor according to
your engine manual

6 Engine is overfilled with oil -- Drain oil and fill to proper amount

http://www.mtdproducts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DiagnoseTroubleshootArticleView?storeId=10500&cata logId=20500&langId=-1&pageName=en_US%2fsupport%2fdiagnoseTroubleshoot% 2fdiagnoseTroubleshootArticles%2fSelfPropelledMowe rs_EngineRunsErratic.html&categoryId=1341898&categ ory=SelfPropelledMowers