Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 15:30:47 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

Anyway each to his own.

'tis true if I had the option of mains gas that is what I would use. Even
though I quite like induction and it's performance is pretty much equal
to gas I'm still sort of toying with idea of bottled propane. Lot more
agro to install though the electrics I can do an are in. I don't have gas
related "bits and bobs" so would have to get a man in...

And now that we can fit good cooker ventilators maybe it won't matter
any more.

As long as they vent to the outside.

+1 no point at all in a recirculating cooker hood. When we moved in here
that is what the one was set up to do. The windows would stream with
condensation when cooking pasta. Stupid thing was there was a hole in the
wall with a broken extract fan in it. Took that out ran a bit of flexible
vent hose from the hood to the hole. No more streaming windows...

--
Cheers
Dave.