Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default make them honor their warranties...

On Sat, 11 May 2013 05:34:56 -0700, William Sommerwerck wrote:
A few years back I purchased a Samsung laser printer for $100.

The cartridge lasted about a year and when I went to purchase
a replacement , Samsung wanted $100!

I purchased a refilled unit for $30 and I am now on my 2nd year
with it! A few weeks back, it started to streak just a bit. I removed
it and re-inserted it and all is fine.

You might be surprised at the NOS you can find on eBay from legitimate
sellers. I replaced the streaking cartridge with an unopened OEM cartridge for
$35, including shipping. It works perfectly.

I just purchased spare power supplies for my HP notebook, both OEM, and
dirt-cheap.

I enjoy trawling thru second-hand shops. (A cheap passtime...)
Every so often I'll find New, Un-opened HP LJ III and HP LJ 4P toner
cartridges at the Goodwill, ARC, The Salvation Army stores.

The HP LJ III I bought for $1,872 23 years ago and is still going
strong. The HP LJ 4P I bought for $10 at a second-hand store 12 years
ago, and is primarily a backup for the HP LJ III, so it spends a lot of
its time under a dust cover.

Jonesy