Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Kaatz[_2_] Bruce Kaatz[_2_] is offline

Default Pocket Hole Screws

I got another email from the guy at Kreg over the weekend. He
maintains they haven't had much trouble with the new screws - BUT they
are going back to their traditional square-drive screws.

RonB

In following up with Kreg I heard from one of the Kreg customer support
guys.

In a very polite email he said: "I’m sorry to inform you that we are not
moving back to our dry lube screws like you are referring to. We are
however slowly transitioning back to our square drive only screws
instead of the combo drive screws."

So, sounds like the zinc screws are here to stay but going back to the
square drive, not combo drive.
Bruce