Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:09:19 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
And who remembers the gas lighter that was a thin, flexible pipe and a
triggered thing at the end (halfway between a fag lighter and a blowtorch!)?

Yes! Our cooker had a central pilot light that did the 4 burners,
but for the grill or oven we needed to use the little lighter thing -
light it off the pilot then use it to light to grill or oven.

I used to try to get it to fill a baloon, but mains gas pressure is way
to low for that... Probably just as well!

Gordon

Thereby hangs a tail. Long time ago.

I has bought a 4 ft diameter meteorological balloon, the idea was to
fill it with H or He and use it to lift a long wire aerial for Top
Band DX, but what actually happened is that we decided to fill it with
coal gas from the Bunsen burner supply in the chemistry lab at Bury
Tech, and push it out of the window.

Our lecturer came in to see what all the excitement was about, and to
our surprise he actually encouraged us, but he didn't think the
post-card with RSVP details was a good idea.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%