Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Print your own gun?

John Grossbohlin wrote:

Fortunately, my state (Texas) allows regular concealed handguns in
the capitol, the governor's office, just about anywhere.

How odd... a government that trusts it's people! Then again, the
"unpaid" police force that it creates further raises the opportunity
costs to criminals and thus supplements the paid police with no
increase in taxes. A win/win for society.

Heh! Imagine a MSM journalist with a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)! That's
exactly what happened in Texas - they must really be conflicted.

Here's what happened: A couple of years ago, some dufus exited our state
capitol, pulled out his pistol and popped a few rounds into the air. This
freaked out some, so a policy was put in place to require passing through a
metal detector for visitors to the building.

This rule, however, conflicted with state law on, as you said, trusting
those with a CHL.

So, a separate queue was set up for CHL holders - "Speak Friend, and Enter"
(flash your license and boogie). So, if you're a reporter, and want to avoid
the sometimes lengthy metal-detector line, you get the license.

One wonders how the media types sleep at night...