Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:11:55 +0100, polygonum wrote:

And who remembers the gas lighter that was a thin, flexible pipe and a
triggered thing at the end (halfway between a fag lighter and a
blowtorch!)?

Nope, our gas lighter was a glow coil electrical thing. Big single cell
zinc carbon battery, by big I mean about 2" dia and 6" high. Screw thread
around the top which accepted large threaded cap and simple switch. From
the cap there was a 3/8" ish dia tube with a screw in glow coil in the
end. It worked, mostly...

We also had a gas poker for lighting the open fires, mainly the coke one
in the front room. Length of rubber hose to a handle from which a cast
iron tube with holes in protruded:

http://alfgifu.wordpress.com/tag/a-y...tos-2/page/12/

Forth image down, I like the operational description. B-)

You can still buy them for lighting BBQ's etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.