Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On Sat, 11 May 2013 23:07:46 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

I have a gas hob but it'll be induction next for me as cleaning the
current hob is a PITA.

Well don't be such a mucky cook then. B-) Or just give it a wipe over
after it's cooled.

We have a halogen hob.

If you don't mind been blinded by the glow when you lift a pan or a from
the glow around the edges with a small pan.

Cheaper and uses conventional pans but not as efficient.

Still suffers from thermal inertia and the associated ease of burning
stuff due to the bang bang control and temperature overshoot.

Easy to clean.

No different to ceramic "easy to clean" if you don't spill anything on
it. 'Cause if you do it near instantly carbonises and as for anything
vaugely sweet...

Induction is hot but not hot enough to burn any spills, they'll dry out
but not burn.

--
Cheers
Dave.