Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

On 12/05/13 03:50, John Rumm wrote:
On 12/05/2013 02:27, Arfa Daily wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/05/2013 01:40, Arfa Daily wrote:

Based on the fact that the ones on the other side of the road now
seemed
to be working, she reasoned that the ones her side now probably
were as
well. She knew that she had been going over the limit - although she
says not by a lot, and just running with other drivers - and she
realised that she must have been through at least three of them before
seeing the flashes from the ones across the road, so although she
didn't
actually *know* that she had been flashed at all, she reasoned that if
she had, it may have happened three times ...

So, that's the full story :-)

Its worth keeping in mind that they are not usually set to trigger any
lower than at the ACPO guideline speed (10% + 2mph), so 77mph on a
motorway, and vehicle speedos are not permitted to under read - hence
most err on the side of caution. Hence a speedo indicated 70 mph may
often mean an actual speed somewhat less than that.

Combine those two, and in many vehicles you would need to be doing an
indicated 85+ to have a problem.

--
Cheers,

John.

Every couple of weeks, we get a 'suitcase' speed measuring and
displaying gizmo bolted onto a lamp post coming into our village. As
that is reading 30 mph, the speedo in my Focus is indicating 34 mph

The ones that pee me off flash up 30 when you drive toward them at a
GPS indicated 26 or 27... you can tell that someone has "calibrated"
it to trigger on a speedo "30"

the irritating one here locally is the one that flashes '40' at you but
is set to '30' and the one that is set to detect if you are speeding OUT
of the village as well as IN..

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.