Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

In article ,
Graham. wrote:

Have you ever seen a professional chef use any sort of electric hob?
I would love a gas hob but SWBO is frightened of them.

Yes.

I've just been on a cookery course and the chef used a portable one-ring
induction hob. I was quite impressed with it myself - to the extent
that I'm now in the process of searching for a similar one myself -
stand-alone single ring unit.

The control was virtually instant - he stopped a pan boiling over with
a single button push, and used it to saute, simmer and boil (pasta)
It was the first time I'd really had a chance to look at one in-use
close-up and I was very impressed - if only I'd noted the make/model...

Prices do vary though - from a £25 Aldi special to £2500 or more )-:
So finding the right one for me may take some time.

Gordon