Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
Benjamin.Kubelsky Benjamin.Kubelsky is offline

Default make them honor their warranties...

On 5/11/2013 5:34 AM, William Sommerwerck wrote:
A few years back I purchased a Samsung laser printer for $100.

The cartridge lasted about a year and when I went to purchase
a replacement , Samsung wanted $100!

I purchased a refilled unit for $30 and I am now on my 2nd year
with it! A few weeks back, it started to streak just a bit. I removed
it and re-inserted it and all is fine.

You might be surprised at the NOS you can find on eBay from legitimate
sellers. I replaced the streaking cartridge with an unopened OEM
cartridge for $35, including shipping. It works perfectly.

I just purchased spare power supplies for my HP notebook, both OEM, and
dirt-cheap.

Indeed. Our company was going to throw away unused inkjet cartridges
that they had on hand for a printer that had otherwise bit the dust. I
volunteered to take them off the company's hands and put them on Ebay. I
didn't make a whole lot of money, but I did bump up my seller feedback a
bit.

I'm willing to bet this happens a lot. I do still have some Kodak slide
projector bulbs around here somewhere from when the bank I worked for
was acquired by a bigger bank and they were clearing out (throwing out
is more like it) the supply room. That was 15 years ago.

Of course, there's probably plenty of stuff that is plain old stolen
from employers out there too. Hard to tell from afar.

Regards,

DAve