Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 12 May 2013 00:06:33 +0100, Lobster
wrote:

Our current gas hob is knackered (now two rings down and counting) and
given that obsolete replacement parts are prohibitively expensive it
needs replacing.

SWMBO, bless her little cotton socks, has been told by somebody that
induction hobs are the way forward.

I know zip about these other than I can see they are expensive - does
anybody here recommend them? Also, are they straightforward to fit (we
do have a dedicated radial oven cable already)

Thanks

Have you ever seen a professional chef use any sort of electric hob?

Do professional chefs do their own hob cleaning? ;-)

I have a gas hob but it'll be induction next for me as cleaning the current
hob is a PITA.

Tim