Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Induction hob - Y/N?

On Sun, 12 May 2013 00:06:33 +0100, Lobster wrote:

SWMBO, bless her little cotton socks, has been told by somebody that
induction hobs are the way forward.

Careful, does she really just want a set of new pans? Induction hobs
require the base to be magnetic, ali or stainless steel pans aren't
unless they have an iron core in the base.

If you already have (mains?) gas I can't see a good reason for not just
replacing the gas hob. Induction are good but not as good as gas. I'll
get an induction hob for the new kitchen but we don't have mains gas.

--
Cheers
Dave.