Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default 2 Lithium Manganese Dioxide cells in parallel. ?

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

I'm not sure what your question is. Or if you have a question.

3V lithium coin cells are commonly used to back up memory, including 5V
systems. They can last for years; I've never seen two used to add capacity.

I've never seen 2 cells used as memory backup either.
My initial thoughts were that the two cells are wired in an OR
configuration, meaning designed in redundancy rather than a need for an
increase in capacity.
Should one cell fail, the other will keep the memory intact.

Is this equipment from the Space Shuttle by any chance?

Gareth.