Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

John Williamson wrote:
ARW wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I don't know about the Luton stretch, but in the Nottingham
stretch about 1 gantry in 3 has cameras on it.
Is that - "it has cameras" or "it can have cameras"? - there is a
difference
"has", the other 2/3 only have the brackets.

That's not what my speed camera detector told me. 1 in 3 CAN hold a
camera but there are far less than 1 in 3 actually holding a camera.

Do you have a detector that will pick up the ANPR ones, then? Most of
the managed motorways I drive along have those, and use them for
average speed detection.

I no longer have the detector. It certainly did pick up the active cameras
on VSL motorways and there were not that many active cameras (but that was a
couple of years ago).

--
Adam